In my previous post, we delved into the importance of a system that yields consistent, positive, and predictable results. Having a system that yields these types of results builds confidence in those you serve, and confidence yields stability, reliability, and trust. Now that you have a system that can yield these results, can you duplicate the system to continue yielding the same?
#14 Your systems should provide repeatable and dependable results.
You have found a winning system. Your next challenge is making the system repeatable to lead to the same, dependable outcomes. What are some ways you can do this? Three simple strategies can create the results you want.
- Use a checklist. You will often see restaurants using a checklist to ensure everything is prepared for opening and everything is prepared to close properly. However, no matter what you lead, business, ministry, or organization, you can utilize this same methodology to create repetition in how you serve. Checkify.com says, “A checklist is a series of steps that have been developed for repetitive task management and recurring process.” An example of how I use a checklist is the way I onboard contractors for Empowerment University for Children. Each contractor is required to share the same type of information, so we can create similar video introductions even though each one has its own flavor.
- Use a form. Whether you sign a child up for school, go to the doctor, etc. you see the use of forms in your daily life. This is to ensure they have the right information to make the appropriate choices. Within your business, ministry, or organization, you may use an interview form already. Nevertheless, you can utilize other types of forms to gather information to know how to best serve. Based on what is stated in the form, you can divide the people into various categories to meet their highest needs. This will ensure every person receives the same level of service for their need within a stated category.
- Use a “How to…” sheet, video, or training manual. Write it out, record it, or create a combination of the two. This is a wonderful way to set out the standard procedure for those you lead because they will know exactly what your expectations are when you desire to create repeatable and dependable results. Screensteps.com says, “Standard operating procedures are repeatable steps that employees can take when a known input occurs, helping them achieve a desired outcome.” However, remember this can apply to anyone you lead in whatever capacity. Screensteps.com further shares the benefits of this type of training strategy. It serves as a go-to source of knowledge, reduces training time, helps avoid costly mistakes, and increases retention.
Now that we have discussed at least three methods of creating repeatable and dependable results, which method will you utilize to help improve your desired results?
- Why Is a Checklist Important? https://checkify.com/blog/why-is-a-checklist-important/, February 17, 2022.
- 4 Benefits of a Standard Operating Procedures Training Manual, https://blog.screensteps.com/4-benefits-of-a-standard-operating-procedures-training-manual, February 12, 2020.